Nowadays all companies look for that differentiating element from their competitors in order to improve their corporate image before the different interest groups or stakeholders.
The companies invest in R + D + i (Research + Development and innovation) for the constant improvement of the product, but a plus to the service, would be the protocol as a differentiating element, so it will be explained, how this tool can improve the corporate image.
Within corporate communication, everything communicates and the image that we project as a company as well. Therefore, the question arises: What is the corporate image?
The corporate image is what the company says + what the company does, this is the image.
Having a positive image helps in:
- Obtain the respect and acceptance of the public.
- Enhance the image of the brand.
How can the Business Protocol help our corporate image?
In order to answer this question, it is important to know some key concepts.
The protocol is the set of rules established by law or tradition, uses, and customs for the performance of a certain official act and unofficial acts. Within the protocol, we can find the official protocol, military protocol, religious protocol, university protocol, sports protocol among others, but there is also the business protocol and it is the one that is developed within the corporations. Therefore, the protocol is not only framed within the palatine (typical of the palaces) but it can be a differential tool of the corporate image. It is therefore important to understand that this discipline is one more tool in communication at the service of the company.
Good protocol transmits messages and shows outwardly that the company or home is in order. So the protocol in the business environment has become a necessity. It is a tool to achieve excellence.
Protocol in the company is:
- Care for the image of the company and its staff.
- The speeches.
- Design of spaces and scenarios in events and meetings.
- Taking care of the guests.
It is important to develop an internal protocol manual, which includes rules and recommendations, for the preparation of acts, as well as aspects of a more social nature, such as a personal image.
In company events, it is important to formalize events in order to enhance the corporate image and see it as a differentiating element in corporate communication. The events that can be organized are corporate events (work meetings, signing of agreements, general meeting of shareholders, awards ceremony), as well as commercial events (fairs, congresses, presentations), other events (laying the first stone, site visit, inaugurations and discovery of commemorative plaques); external events, with social repercussion regularly organized by third parties (sponsorship of events), thereby enhancing the image of the company.
Well-managed acts will help to enhance the image of the company.
The parts of the protocol act in company events are the following:
- Corporate symbols, such as the company logo which must be present on the institutional flag, which will bear the company colors, invitations, advertising banner for the event, etc. It should be noted that the logo of the company must be in the photography points such as the presidency table.
- The host and the presidency, the host is the person who motivates the act, has a great responsibility in making decisions. He is the image and represents the company on the spot.
- The guests, a guest list must be established, with their respective treatment. Those guests must be ordered (authorities, guests of honor, special guests, collaborators, clients, sponsors, general guests, and consorts).
- The reception of guests defines who receives, from where they receive. Precedents and treatments.
- VIP room, is an exclusive area, a comfortable area, with a private bathroom, drinks, and meals. It is a waiting room until the event begins.
- The speeches have a particular formula for each type of event, so the head of the protocol cabinet will be the one who gives the guideline.
- Access and event security;
- Institutional gifts or corporate gifts help to generate good institutional relationships and go hand in hand with the courtesy that is printed on these details, which will be aligned with the company’s policy and detailed in a corporate gift catalog, which will have levels for different audiences (partners, suppliers, visitors, etc.), this will help us to know what to give and when to give;
- The book of honor is a book whose purpose is that all the personalities and guests of honor who attend the events organized by the company can sign it. Made of a material that enhances and adorns it with an embossed silver cover for example and must have the company logo.
- The dismissal at the events also has a protocol to follow, the most important authority being the one who leaves the event first and will be accompanied by the person who received it from the company, generating a feeling in the visitor of having been attended at all times, both on arrival and at the farewell.
Finally, it is good to measure the impact and results. Tailored events have to be organized, being creative, impactful, and with content, generating a memorable memory.